From Melbourne City Council: Swanston Street redevelopment consultation
The community is invited to comment on seven design options for the redevelopment of Swanston Street. Your feedback and comments will help Melbourne City Council make an informed decision about the streetâ€™s future use.
The consultation concludes at 5pm on Friday, 8 May 2009.
Swanston Street is Melbourneâ€™s busiest and most active thoroughfare with tens of thousands of pedestrians, drivers, cyclists and trams moving through it daily. By 2020, more than one million people are expected to access the city each weekday. In light of this, a review of Swanston Street is essential.
Please take your time to view the design options and complete the online consultation form Your input into the future of Swanston Street is essential.
- Existing arrangement (PDF, 616kb)
- Option 1: Increased motor vehicle and bicycle access (PDF, 590kb)
- Option 2: Managed service delivery (PDF, 609kb )
- Option 3: Increased pedestrian movement (PDF, 615kb)
- Option 4: Increased tram passenger and motor vehicle access (PDF, 805kb)
- Option 5: Alternative option for increased tram passenger and motor vehicle access (PDF, 805kb)
- Option 6: Decreased motor vehicle access (PDF, 619kb)
- Option 7: Remove bicycle access (PDF, 140kb)