From VeloCycles: Join our Neighbourly rides for Newbies of any age for a fun and social ride. We ride for 40 minutes at a leisurely pace to help build confidence on your bike. For 4 weeks every Saturday over April we explore the local parks, bike paths using safe routes.
Are you a newbie rider?
- Just bought a bike and need an incentive to start riding?
- Looking for places to ride locally?
- Want to discover where to ride
- Meet other newbies over coffee after the ride
- Anyone is welcome - kids, adults, friends and families
- Supportive & confidence building rides
Children will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Don't have a bike?
Velo cycles has kindly offered their hire bikes at no charge for the Neighbourly Ride. Call 9381 0088 or call in and speak to one of their friendly staff to reserve your bike today.
Opening hours are from Monday to Friday 8:00am - 6:30pm Saturday, Sunday and Most Public Holidays 9:00am - 5:00pm.
There is parking in Nicholson Street.
- Plenty of smiles
- Your bike (in good working order with a bell)
- Helmet (mandatory and it's the law)
- Lights (front & rear are advisable for added visibility)
- Water bottle
- Sun tan cream & weather protective clothing in case it rains or gets cold
- Pump up the tyres
- Oil the chain
- Take your bike for a short ride to make sure everything is working well
On the day
- Arrive 15 minutes early to meet your fellow riders
- Enjoy a quick bike inspection
- Be ready to leave at 11:00am
Comfortable clothing and shoes (runners, recreational shoes etc) and a means to avoid long pants being caught in the chain
Join us for a coffee after the ride at Park Street Cafe (Formerly Green Park Cafe)
Weather & Updates
March and April has stable weather however if it's raining at 7:00am the ride will be cancelled.