Sadly, further details are emerging of the massive impact of Saturdays horrific fires across Victoria, but we all can assist, see below for more details.
It’s horrible to realise this disaster occurred less than 50-100km’s away from here, no doubt some people live even closer.
On Sunday there was reports of cyclists in the North-East areas affected by the fires – ok it’s a popular destination and training route for many but PLEASE exercise common sense and STAY OUT until the CFA and Police have declared it safe!
Urgent Inquiries Only
- Statewide Current Incident Summary
- Victorian Bushfire Information Line: 1800 240 667
- State Inquiries Centre: 1800 727 077
- Centrelink Victorian Fires Hotline: 180 22 11
If you want to help with bushfire relief please see these links
- ABC Melbourne: How can I help – and where do I get help?
- Australian Red Cross – 2009 Victorian Bushfire Appeal
- The Salvos
- Animal Aid
- Wildlife Rescuers
- Go to any NAB, ANZ, Westpac or Commonwealth Bank branch
- Go to any Bunnings store
- To make a direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund: BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797
- AnotherÂ appeal set up isÂ the Myer Bushfire Appeal. AllÂ proceeds will go to the Salvation Army. Please donate at any Victorian Myer store.
In the aftermath of this disaster we’ve all got to take a step away from self-interest and reach out to those who need our help now & in the future. Especially helping people who’s homes have been destroyed and repairing habitat and wildlife. Remember, every contribution no matter what size, will help to rebuild lives and hope.