Protest for safe bike lanes – Ride, scoot, skate
Critical Mass North: Spooky Edition: it’s time to dress spooky, riding in Melbourne’s north shouldn’t be scary but here we are! We plan to ride from State Library to All Nations Park, Northcote.
- Start: 5.30pm: State Library, Friday 27th October 2023
- Pick up point: 6pm (ish) Park Street Reserve, Fitzroy North
- Riding from the southern suburbs? Ride with Port Phillip BUG, 5pm, St Kilda Town Hall
- End: All Nations Park, Northcote
- facebook event page
- Download poster (pdf)
- Critical Mass North: Spooky Edition – Media release (pdf)
- The Map + route directions (pdf)
- Keep Critical Mass fun + Advocacy Starter Kit (two leaflets per A4, double-sided pdf)
- Critical Mass North: Spotify playlist bring your on-bike sound systems!
Yarra BUG Radio on 3CR: Talking about Critical Mass North: Spooky Edition! 23 October 2023
Chris talks to Sally and Ruth from Streets Alive Darebin about Critical Mass North: Spooky Edition that calls upon Darebin Council and the Victorian Government to invest in safe separate bike lanes along High Street and re-instate the Streets for People investment program.
What is Critical Mass?
Critical Mass bike protests are organised rides that aim to raise awareness about cycling as a viable form of transportation and to advocate for better infrastructure and safety measures for cyclists and other mobility users. We ride as a group, to form a “critical mass”, making the ride safe, family friendly, and inclusive to all.
Everyone can help make our streets safer, being an advocate is something everyone can do, read below for actions you can take today:
- Streets Alive Darebin: Support the Streets for People Report
- Streets Alive Yarra: Become a champion in your area
- Build kerbside protected bike lanes on Johnston St from Kew to Carlton!
- Yarra Council: Building a safer Wellington Street
- Yarra Council: Testing improvements to Yarra’s cycling network
- Yarra Council: Transport Action Plan