The Crossing – a fabulous representation of the Canning / Princes St intersection in Carlton North. Massive kudos to The Bicycle Channel for making this video.
Yarra Bicycle Users Group is a community voluntary organisation located in the inner suburbs of Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North, Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield, Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill and Richmond. YarraBUG is particularly interested in hearing from cyclists who may not be residents of Yarra but who commute daily through the area. Both cyclists and residents local knowledge, resources and skills are important in creating awareness and a safe cycling environment in Yarra.
- Listen to YarraBUG Radio on 3CR 855AM Community Radio
- Share our events feed in your calendar or app
- Join our mail list for BUG news updates
- Get involved with City of Yarra Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Watch Cycling Safety Tips Videos made in various locations around the City of Yarra
- City of Yarra: Sharing Yarra’s roads and paths – download brochure
East West Link – cutting Yarra cycling routes in half?
The East West Link project reference design is between the Eastern Freeway to Smith Street – or is it? After reading through the voluminous CIS documents we found no reference to the current Yarra bike strategy and nebulous references to what will occur to cycling routes during the projected construction period of up to 4-6 years. Read our CIS submission to the Planning Panel made on Monday 7 April 2014:
- Yarra Bicycle Users Group CIS Submission – Part 1
- Yarra Bicycle Users Group CIS Submission – Part 2
- Or in one file, as it was supposed to be
November – December 2013 – Wellington Street ‘Copenhagen Lanes’ – Thanks to all who helped, by signing the petition! Big thanks to all who helped by emailing councillors. Massive thanks to all who helped by taking action and getting others involved, we achieved over 700+ signatures via online & hardcopy in under two weeks! Special thank you to wellingtonstbikelane.info and Yarra Climate Action Now. Current situation is that Wellington St separated bike lane project will move forward to detailed design for costing.
Roadworks & Transport information
- Yarra City Council: Bicycle Advisory Committee | Bicycles and Sustainable transport | Damaged roads or footpaths |
- VicRoads: Bicycles | Bicycle and Walking Path Closures | Principal Bicycle Network for Melbourne, Port Phillip & Yarra area (pdf file)
- VicRoads: Traffic and Road Conditions | VicTraffic
- EPA: Air Quality Bulletins | Reporting pollution, litter and smoky vehicles
- Victoria Police: Contact details