Yarra Bicycle Users Group is a community voluntary organisation located in the inner suburbs of Abbotsford, Alphington, Burnley, Carlton North, Clifton Hill, Cremorne, Collingwood, Fairfield, Fitzroy, Fitzroy North, Princes Hill and Richmond.
November – December 2013 – Current campaign: Wellington Street ‘Copenhagen Lanes’ - We need people to contact all Councillors – especially those who voted against Wellington Street Advisory Group recommendations. Tell your story why you want these lanes, why they are important to you, your stories of riding through the area, especially if you live locally.
- More great tips here: http://wellingtonstbikelane.info
- Sign the petition: Yarra City Council: Wellington St Copenhagen Lane Petition
- Join our mail list for BUG news updates
- Listen to YarraBUG Radio on 3CR
- Watch Cycling Safety Tips Videos made in various locations around the City of Yarra
- City of Yarra: Sharing Yarra’s roads and paths – download brochure
We advocate on behalf of cyclists for improved cycling conditions, if you want to get involved with local cycling advocacy issues or simply want to know more about cycling, please feel free to contact us.
YarraBUG is particularly interested in hearing from cyclists who may not be residents of Yarra but who commute daily through the area. Both cyclists and residents local knowledge, resources and skills are important in creating awareness and a safe cycling environment in Yarra.
Roadworks & Transport information
- Yarra City Council: Bicycle Advisory Committee
- Yarra City Council: Damaged roads or footpaths
- BV: Detours and path closures
- MetLink: Service Alterations
- VicRoads: Bicycles
- VicRoads: Principal Bicycle Network for Melbourne, Port Phillip & Yarra area (pdf file)
- VicRoads: Latest Travel and Road Conditions
- VicRoads: Roadworks and planned events information
- EPA: Air Quality Bulletins
- EPA: Reporting pollution, litter and smoky vehicles
- Victoria Police: Contact details